Friday, October 25, 2013

A taste of New York- best bagels in town

Forget a lady who lunches, I would much prefer to be a lady who brunches.

Bagles 1

I set off to look for brunch in Tribeca and decided that bagels would be the way forward. New York is famous for it's bagels and dedicated restaurants and stalls abound. Brought to the US by Eastern European immigrants, the humble bagel is synonymous with modern New York and can be served in a staggering number of ways.
To me, a good bagel is filling and fresh. And generally difficult to eat with any grace.

I came across Zucker's Bagels and Smoked Fish, where the abundance of choice and fillings lured me in. A traditional New York bagel store, no tourists in sights, only locals who knew what they were ordering. I ordered the "Traditional", cream cheese, smoked salmon (and lots of it), tomato, cucumber and red onion.

Bagels
Bagels 2
What a find.

Difficult to eat? Yes. Worth the effort trying? Definitely.

A family owned and operated Manhattan bagel shop, this is a must if you are looking for a fantastic, filling brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment